Friday, March 13, 2009

Patti Labelle


This lady is the best ever! Her voice is so amazing, and her stage presence is unbelievable. She has a charisma about her that many wish to have. Her music expresses feelings most people have commonly. Even though she is an older artist, I enjoy her to the fullest. I remember my first time listening to her I couldn't believe her vocals. It was so cool the way she hit certain notes, and held out others. I have grown to follow her music and she has become a huge inspiration in my life. Seeing her in concert was so mind blowing. She is no where near your average artist in concert. She is real and hold nothing back. I remember when my mother and I attended the Essence Festival and she was there performing, soon as she came out every single person in the auditorium rose to their feet. She didn't even have to say a word, but when she did it was the most graceful not I have ever heard. She was entertaining not only on a musical level, but she made a friendly connection with her artist. I know I almost laughed my lungs out when she stopped in the middle of a song and said, "...you all please forgive me, but these hills are killing my feet, and I refuse to hop around this stage in them..." That moment let me know exactly why was it people loved, and could relate to her so much. To this day, I will always remember that concert, my hopes and dreams are to one day be able to meet and talk to her in person, because I know she would have wise knowledge to impart upon me, and sell as outstanding words of wisdom and encouragement.

No comments: